[CT Birds] Westport Snow Goose

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:31:18 EST 2011

11/14/11 - Westport - Sherwood Mill Pond Preserve - 1 juvenile Snow Goose with the Canada Geese on the water at 6:47am, relocated by Penny Solum and Henrietta Lachman at 10:09 in the circle at Sherwood Island SP

CT Audubon Xmas Tree Farm -(west side of Sasco Creek Rd. with bluebird boxes)- Western Kingbird appeared at 9:40am.I had checked at 8am with no luck and came back around 9am to check again. Saw Dennis Varza but no WEKI. Walked across the street to the Xmas tree side and then,decided to check one more time for the kingbird. I spotted it fly up into a deciduous tree just as I was walking into the field with the bluebird boxes and Dennis was driving away. It was on the west side of the field when I left. Before 9:40am there was very little activity bird wise.

(Tree Farm side,east side of Sasaco Creek Rd.) - Winter Wren calling and again giving great looks at 7:20am

Tina Green
Westport