[CT Birds] Kingbird location clarification

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Mon Nov 14 10:38:04 EST 2011

Since there has been some confusion, let me clarify the location of the Western Kingbird. Many people know that Connecticut Audubon Society owns the Christmas tree farm on Sasco Creek Road in Westport. This is a *part* of the H. Smith Richardson Wildlife Preserve which also includes two more parcels right on Sasco Creek Road, one of which the Western Kingbird is on. This open field and grasslands habitat is owned by Connecticut Audubon Society. You can certainly enter it to see the bird. The bird is not on the Christmas tree farm, but it still on our property.

I also say this because I know many of you know the Christmas tree farm, but not this parcel - apart from the kingbird please enjoy it and bird it all you can, too! It is full of many species year-round.

Relatively quiet at Stratford Point this morning but we have seen 2 NORTHERN GANNET.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.