[CT Birds] Forster's Tern flock, Gannets, W. Kingbird (not)

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 14 19:50:35 EST 2011

>From Frank Mantlik
11/14 - Stratford, Beach Drive, Lordship Seawall - flock of 39 Forster's Terns
(and 2 Laughing Gulls) resting on beach in front of Marnick's Restaurant
(photographed).  Also 1 Northern Gannet, 8 White-winged Scoter, 2 Red-throated
Loon offshore.

Stratford, Prospect Drive, Stratford Point - 2 Northern Gannets.

Stratford, Short Beach Park - immature White-crowned Sparrow.

Westport, Sasco Creek Rd., CT Audubon Smith-Richardson Sanctuary - I looked
briefly (20 minutes) for the Western Kingbird about 2pm.  I was unsuccessful in
locating it, and there were many fewer birds (no waxwings nor bluebirds) around
compared to yesterday.