[CT Birds] Red-headeded woodpecker, Wethersfield

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 15 09:19:03 EST 2011

11/15 - Broad St Green, Old Wethersfield

I just had a juvenile Red-headed woodpecker at a tree outside my window at the
end of the Broad St. Green. It was there for about 30 minutes, flying between
the tree and a bench that is located about thirty yards from it. Some blue jays
were harassing it, and I don't see it in the tree right now, but it could still
be in the area. There are a lot of trees on the green so it could be working its
way down the street. First seen around 8:15 am.

Sara Zagorski
Wethersfield