[CT Birds] extralimital Pink-footed goose...

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 14:38:10 EST 2011

Pink-footed Goose (Anser brachyrhynchus) (1)
- Reported Nov 15, 2011 10:45 by Deborah Powell
- Orange County Trust Bank at Schutt Rd Ext, Orange, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=41.4502537,-74.3808639&ll=41.4502537,-74.3808639
- Comments : "At 10:45 am a Pink-footed Goose was with a small flock of Canada
Geese on the grass at Orange County Trust bank on the corner of Schutt Rd Ext
and Dunning Rd in Middletown.  My husband Lee raced home to get his camera (We
don't have cell phones so no camera with us.), but the birds were gone when we
returned.  We've been driving all around the area looking for them to no avail.
The goose is smaller than a Canada.  Its bill is short with black at the base
and tip with pink in the middle.  It has very pink legs.  We couldn't see the
feet in the grass.  The body is light brownish with the head a bit darker.  Eyes
are dark.  White under tail coverts.  White edge on wing.  We've seen these in
England.  They differ from White-fronted which has orange legs, all pink

Life is short. Bird often.