[CT Birds] December bird walk Stratford Point

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Nov 17 09:33:26 EST 2011

Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Biologist Twan Leenders and Conservation Technician Scott Kruitbosch will lead a public bird walk at Stratford Point on December 6th from 9-11AM. We will take a look at ducks and waterfowl, seek out any owls or raptors, look for hardy wintering songbirds, and we’ll discuss the exciting habitat management and conservation projects that are taking place at Stratford Point. The walk will be free and we suggest bringing binoculars and a spotting scope, if you have one. Make sure to dress for the season! It is usually safe to assume that this exposed coastal spot is windier and colder than much of the state, even in the heart of winter. Please meet in the visitor parking lot by the buildings. Stratford Point is located at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. If weather conditions are not conducive we will move the walk to December 13th (same time & meeting place). Notification of cancellation will be posted on the CT-BIRDS listserve and the Connecticut Audubon Society website (www.ctaudubon.org). For more information, contact Scott Kruitbosch: skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society