[CT Birds] Probable dark morph Broad details

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Nov 17 16:44:47 EST 2011

I just wrote more information on the probable dark morph Broad-winged Hawk that Bill Banks and I feel we had today at Boothe Park in Stratford: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/11/probable-dark-morph-adult-broad-winged.html

It answers more of the questions mentioned publicly and privately, and is close to Bill's account. I made a very quick flight path relative to our position at the site and included an image of that. Please do keep the thoughts, previous sightings, whatever you have coming. It's all fascinating and helpful.

I would have drawn a sketch of the bird but, unlike many of you, my artistic skills are beyond abysmal. Stick figures do not work for raptors. We also had an Osprey today, what we thought would be the highlight until then...

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society