[CT Birds] No Pelican sightings since Mon.

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Fri Nov 18 04:51:41 EST 2011

As far as I know, the Brown Pelican has not been sighted since Monday.I've not seen any reports on the NY, NJ birding lists.There was a raw sewage spill in Old Greenwich last Friday, where areported 50-60,000 gallons spilled into Greenwich Cove.  I hope to heckit has not affected the pelican.I'm going to try and find someone with a boat still in the water to do atour around the area to look for the pelican.  If it's sick, it will behunkered down somewhere along the coastline. Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich