[CT Birds] Probable Dark Morph Broad-winged Hawk

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 11:41:13 EST 2011

 OK folks, here is the official word...yes, ARCC does review unusual morphs, subspecies, etc. As others have noted, the black brant is just such an example. Certain gulls have also been reported upon and discussed in previous years, and there has been substantial commentary over possible hybrids.

As with typical species reports, observers should develop detailed reports for these sightings. Reporting guidelines may be found on the COA web site under the Avian Records Committee link.  Additional questions may be addressed to me or to ARCC Secretary, Greg Hanisek.

Good Birding,

Jay Kaplan, Chair
Avian Records Committee of Connecticut