[CT Birds] Bristol Res #7 - and a question...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 18 18:07:02 EST 2011

Bristol Res #7 -

5 Hooded Mergs
6 Ruddy duck
2 C Mergs
2 Lesser Scaup  -  brings to me a question.................

I have spotted two different sightings of Lesser Scaup this fall within a two
week period up here, and I have never had this happen before.

Through the years, I have rarely had many Lesser Scaup here in NW CT during
migration - both spring and fall. I don't know why that is, when most other
northern duck species seem to use the lakes and ponds of NW CT during their
migrations.

Any ideas or answers as to why this is?

Paul Carrier - Harwinton