Janet Mehmel janmehmel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:59:44 EST 2011

11/22/11 - Madison, Hammonasset State Park - while looking around the
campground for the Oriole I spotted an immature NORTHERN SHRIKE.  I got Sol
Satin on the bird and it eventually flew closer to the playground area
where the YB CHAT is still being seen.  We got our scopes and found the
SHRIKE on the back side of the thicket along the playground.  The bird teed
up continually on the cedars, dropping down for awhile and reappearing a
short distance away.  When I left at 3PM it hadn't been seen for a little
over an hour.

janet mehmel