[CT Birds] Fairfield - PB Grebe +

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 15:52:15 EST 2011

I spent a couple of hours late morning/early afternoon birding Ash Creek and the Southport area of Fairfield, two places I haven't visited in a while.

Ash Creek Highlights:
3 Gadwall -- the first Gadwalls of the winter at Ash Creek. Seen among 6 other species of waterfowl.
5 Greater Yellowlegs
1 Laughing Gull -- lingering adult. Among the waterfowl present at the upper section.
American Tree Sparrow -- FOS for Ash Creek.

Southport Highlights:
1 Long-tailed Duck -- flyby
1 Pied-billed Grebe -- continuing bird; seen at the mouth of Southport Harbor
6 Red-throated Loons -- 2 flybys, 4 birds on the water - in the general vicinity of the PB Grebe
2 Common Loons -- With Red-throateds
2 Great Cormorant -- 2 birds (adult, 1st yr) present out on the leaning tower with Double-cresteds

Alex Burdo