[CT Birds] Lake Whitney, 11/25 late afternoon.

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Nov 25 16:30:23 EST 2011

Behavior query:  yesterday (Mallards) and today (Black Ducks) I saw these dabblers diving, for creditable periods, coming up chewing something;  this was in our smallish pond, Big Avis.  I've seen it rarely before, but I don't know how common it is among them.

Around Lake Whitney, 11/25, ca. 2:30-4 pm, on a lovely day.  22 species.  Highlights:  Hooded Merg. & Belted Kingfisher
(Missed one raptor roughly like a T.V., and another biggish bird in trees, roughly like Red Tail.)

House Sp.
R-B WP
M. Dove
Downy WP