[CT Birds] Interesting Junco

David Lawton lawtonesq at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 12:00:09 EST 2011

A junco has been hanging out in the yard for a few weeks. I finally got a
photo, such as it is. The image quality is awful, but one can see the
symmetrically patterned white malars and supercillia (spreading to the
nape), which is symmetrical and seems to suggest something other than
leucistic, which would typically be more arbitrary in my experience (not
very scientific reasoning).  Its coloring does not otherwise suggest a
hybrid, but I suppose it's possible.  I don't think one can send
attachments to the list, but if you want to see the terrible picture, let
me know.

Happy Birding,

David Lawton