[CT Birds] Fantastic SNOWY OWL photos/HD video

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Wed Nov 30 18:07:25 EST 2011

Here are a ton of photos of the Snowy Owl from myself and Twan plus HD video of it: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/11/snowy-owl-at-stratford-point.html

It was very kind and provided great looks to all visitors, sitting in its protected spot while we kept a safe distance away. It only started moving a little around 1:30 or 1:45 after being sleepy/relaxing from when I found it through midday. Noise from work on the lighthouse had caught its attention. As posted, it was unfortunately flushed later by a random jogger when we weren't watching over it. Thankfully, it has many close places to go for safety and hunting besides Stratford Point, from the breakwater, to Milford Point, Long Beach, etc. Also seen today were at least 3 NORTHERN GANNET, 1 PEREGRINE FALCON, 1 TREE SWALLOW, and two Palm Warblers, one western.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.