[CT Birds] Stratford sightings

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 21:44:48 EST 2011

11/30  Stratford - Besides the previously-posted CAVE SWALLOW, TREE SWALLOW,
SNOWY OWL, Peregrine Falcon, and Northern Gannets, I also today saw
- Great Meadows Marsh along Oak Bluff Ave.:  5 GREAT EGRETS.
- End of Sniffen's Lane: imm. BALD EAGLE, flock of 80 Snow Buntings flying
around the tip of Milford Pt. then flew westward over me.

Some of my photos of the Owl, Egret, and Western Kingbird can be seen here:

And from Barney Bontecou:
Stratford, Birdseye St. town boat ramp: SNOWY EGRET (or based on her
description, possibly an imm. LITTLE BLUE HERON) 1:15pm.

Frank Mantlik