[CT Birds] Windows and the white X

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 22:41:57 EST 2011

Replying to Mark's suggestion.... During the spring and summer we put white
tape in the shape of an X on the outside of my house windows where birds
have tended to bang their heads, and it has reduced those incidents around
my house a lot. The white tape probably helps the birds see that the window
is not "open" (especially young birds and those sometimes intoxicated with
rotting fermenting fruit in their stomach, from my fruit trees). You might
want to try that, to see if it helps at your house.

And especially during those months (when many young birds etc are on the
ground) i also try to make local cats feel unwelcome in my yard (my
daughter has a scary dog which roams around our yard), and suggest to my
neighbors to keep their cats safe... indoors.