[CT Birds] Another huge Grackle flock - Goshen

Kfinnan at aol.com Kfinnan at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 17:44:45 EST 2011

At 4:00 PM today, we visited the eastern shore of Woodridge Lake in Goshen
and were happy to see a four-year-old Bald Eagle, Belted  Kingfisher and
small numbers of Buffleheads, Com. Goldeneye, Com.  Mergansers and Hooded
Mergansers.

But we were surprised by a near-continuous flock of primarily Com.
Grackles flying south along the eastern shore of the lake.  Over less  than a half
hour, we estimated approximately 8000 individuals.  It was  the first time
we noticed this particular migration phenomenon, here.

Eileen and Kevin Finnan
Goshen