[CT Birds] Stratford Point walk tomorrow POSTPONED

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Mon Dec 5 10:27:03 EST 2011

The scheduled free public bird walk at Stratford Point tomorrow is POSTPONED until December 14, same time and place, 9-11AM at 1207 Prospect Drive in Stratford. This is due to likely dense fog and showers. All of the information is below with the new date.

Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Biologist Twan Leenders and Conservation Technician Scott Kruitbosch will lead a public bird walk at Stratford Point on December 14th from 9-11AM. We will take a look at what waterfowl have arrived, find lingering migrants and other birds that winter on the site, and we’ll discuss the exciting habitat management and conservation projects that are taking place at Stratford Point. The walk will be free and we suggest bringing binoculars and a spotting scope, if you have one. Make sure to dress for the season! It is usually safe to assume that this exposed coastal spot is windier and colder than much of the state. Please meet in the visitor parking lot by the buildings. Stratford Point is located at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. Notification of cancellation will be posted on the CT-BIRDS listserve and the Connecticut Audubon Society website (www.ctaudubon.org). For more information, contact Scott Kruitbosch: skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.