[CT Birds] FW: The Crooked Wing wild bird rehab blog

Meredith, Leslie Leslie.Meredith at simonandschuster.com
Tue Dec 6 13:45:00 EST 2011

Nice new blog

From: Suzie Gilbert [mailto:flyaway at highlands.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 6:12 PM
Subject: The Crooked Wing

Greetings from Bird Land ....

I'd like to announce the hatching of a Wild Bird Rehabilitation Blog.

What you will find on this site are not glorious photos of birds in flight, but stories and photos of (we hope) temporarily grounded individuals. All have suffered some kind of mishap, but their unique personalities and remarkable spirits remain intact. There will be tales of calamity and rescue, of hope and kindness, of sorrow and loss and the unexpected miracle; all told by the saintly and slightly off-kilter group of people whose mission is to return injured wild birds to the sky.

If you love wild birds, nature, and great stories, I hope you will check out the site and send the address on to anyone you know who might like to join us:

www.suziegilbert.wordpress.com<http://www.suziegilbert.wordpress.com>       or you can Google      Crooked Wing Blog

If you are a rehabber (or a vet who works with wild birds) and have stories and photos to share, please email me at flyaway at highlands.com<mailto:flyaway at highlands.com> and I will write them up and post them, along with your contact info. Guest bloggers are also welcome!

I hope The Crooked Wing will become a vibrant site, bringing bird rehabbers and bird lovers together in a mutually beneficial way.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

Suzie Gilbert
Author of Flyaway: How a Wild Bird Rehabber Sought Adventure and Found Her Wings