[CT Birds] Ring-necked pheasants, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 6 13:59:37 EST 2011

Driving to New Milford on RT 109 from Washington, CT this morning (Tuesday, 6 Dec) I was surprised to see two ring-necked pheasants flying across the road. I am sure these birds may have been released for hunting but who knows for sure. Maybe these pheasants will be around on 17 Dec, Saturday, for the Woodbury-Roxbury Christmas Bird Count? The birds flew across the road very near the townline for Washington and New Milford. There is an old white barn, on the right coming from Washington and on the left coming from New Milford, where the pheasants crossed RT 109.

David W Babington
Washington, CT