[CT Birds] The historic Turkey Vulture flight

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Wed Dec 7 17:42:45 EST 2011

I wrote a lengthy piece on the unbelievable Turkey Vulture flight we had at the Boothe Park Hawk Watch on October 28 on the CAS blog: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/12/historic-turkey-vulture-flight.html

Included are a couple photos from the day and others to give you a sense of what these birds look like going by us. I also wanted to thank everyone who came out this season to help with the count - your assistance was greatly appreciated. I hope more of you can join us next year to make it even better. Our totals were stupendous for the limited time we spent at the site (12,215 raptors in 115.5 hours!), and I intend to step it up in every way in 2012. More information on that, well, months from now. I wish it were sooner. However, I will be posting more on a few of the fantastic counts and sightings of this past season soon.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.