[CT Birds] Stratford Point Common Eider/Iceland Gull at Long Beach

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Dec 8 12:04:16 EST 2011

While we were scoping the Sound not long ago Bill Banks spotted a female COMMON EIDER at Stratford Point. It was almost straight off the path to the revetment wall from the driveway, a couple hundred feet out. We walked to the edge to scope it further but couldn't see it again. It frequently dove and combined with the wind and low sun, it can be tough to see.

Bill also reports the ICELAND GULL continues in the same spot at Long Beach in Stratford.

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society