[CT Birds] Irene article in Connecticut Warbler

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 09:02:55 EST 2011

I enjoyed Nick Bonomo and Scott Kruitbosch's article about the birds blown into Connecticut by Tropical-storm Irene. I believe I was the person who advised Nick and Scott about the poor tail less white-tailed tropicbird that was found by a reservoir in Colebrook by a non-birder. What a surprise for me to find a front page article with a photo in Litchfield County Times newspaper (non digital by the way) about this tropicbird. Noting the photo of the tropicbird and a photo of a deceased Leach's storm-petrel in Prospect in Nick and Scott's article hopefully CT birders know what to do with a rare bird that they might find in distress. If  some extremely rare bird shows up in CT in distress what is a birder to do besides documenting the poor bird? I may have missed something about this in the past at ctbirds so excuse my raising this question that has perhaps already been addressed at ctbirds.

David W Babington
Washington, CT