[CT Birds] Sad news

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Dec 9 20:50:02 EST 2011

It is with great sadness that I pass along the below from Al Caccese of Audubon New York.  Bob was a wonderful guy and the Griswold Airport Property would never have been protected without his efforts and support.   He will be sorely missed:

"It is with great sadness that I share the news of the passing of Bob Schumann, the beloved former member of the National Audubon Society’s Board of Directors, on December 8th, 2011.  I have been asked to alert his friends and colleagues at Audubon that there will be a funeral service at 11am on December 16th, 2011 at the First Congregational Church located at 26 Meeting House Lane in Madison, CT.
There will be no calling hours but a reception will be held following the service at a nearby location.  It is anticipated that Bill Moyers will provide a eulogy and additional details may be found in the obituary section of the New York Times within the next few days or in the New Haven Register on Sunday, December 11th.
I know that Bob had many fans and admirers at Audubon. Please forward this email to others as appropriate.
Albert E. Caccese
Executive Director
Audubon New York"

Patrick M. Comins