[CT Birds] Hawk Smarts

paul wolter pwolter6 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 10 20:41:28 EST 2011

12/10/11. I belatedly yesterday afternoon filled and hung my bird feeders for the winter, on the back deck and front porch. This afternoon about 2 pm the neighbourhood resident immature Cooper's hawk (female by size)came by to check them out. The feeder on the front porch hangs above a holly bush at the edge of the front lawn. The Cooper's landed on the grass in front of the bush and proceeded to scan the bush for a couple of minutes before moving on. The Hawk found the feeders before the intended recipients.

Paul Wolter