[CT Birds] Dec 10 NO Harlequin in pm

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 10:05:44 EST 2011

I just saw the report that the Harlequin Duck was seen this morning.  I looked for it yesterday in  very calm conditions and did not find it from 3:30-4:30.  Just letting others know it may be a timing issue...or maybe I need a new scope.  Also, I missed the Thayer's Gull yesterday by about a half hour.  I should've stayed because Patrick C (thanks for some tips on the LBBG and HEGUs) was there, but I couldn't ask my girlfriend to stand and stare at garbage longer than she did.