[CT Birds] Thayer's and Lesser-Black-backed Gulls, Windsor landfill

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 15:32:18 EST 2011

>From Charlie Barnard and Brenda Inskeep

12/11/2011 -Windsor Landfill

The Thayer's Gull and a 1st winter Lesser Black-backed Gull were present
among a small group of about 100 or so gulls today (we were present from
between 11:10 AM and 12:20 PM). No garbage deliveries were being made,
which probably accounted for the small number of gulls. It made finding the
Thayer's much easier.  Other than Brenda and I, only 3 Vermont birders were
present during that time frame.

Charlie Barnard Jr.
Stratford, CT