[CT Birds] The September flight of 8,234 raptors, 8,041 Broads

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Mon Dec 12 15:28:25 EST 2011

Similar to last week's Turkey Vulture account, I wrote a long piece on the incredible Broad-winged Hawk flight we enjoyed at Boothe Park on September 16, explaining some of the weather I feel was behind the movement and others like it: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/12/8041-broad-winged-hawks.html

I also brought up some of the conditions for other flight days this year as we had discussed some on this list. Thanks to Neil Currie for providing me with numbers on historic Connecticut flights that I used in the piece, and his constant information and assistance during our early years at Boothe. What a day that was - my neck hurts just thinking about it.

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society