[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Dec 12 22:00:28 EST 2011

Passing these along.  They all came in today.

 From Tom Prescher
I am not a COA member and do not post. However I thought you might want this observation for your records, or to pass on to others. While sailing Fisher's Island sound today, I spooked two Razorbills that were sitting on the water about half way between Stonington breakwater and Ram Island. They flushed and flew west toward Groton.

 From Chris Wyse
For the last three days, I’ve had an immature male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker showing up in the morning behind my house in Suffield.  It has typically been staying at the tree for about a 15 or 20 minutes at a time.  It usually comes a couple of times during the morning.  It has a full red cap, but the throat is still yellowish.  It appears to have some red starting to come in.  First time I’ve seen one on the property.

 From Martha Rice
Monday, 3:20 p.m: A single Peregrine falcon back on top of the Elm City Market/360 State Street building in New Haven.

 From John Himmelman
12/11/11 - Parmelee Farm, Killingworth -- YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, Water Treatment Plant, Deep River -- FOX SPARROW.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT