[CT Birds] Some Thoughts on Razorbills

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Wed Dec 14 11:26:43 EST 2011

Anthony I agree that the distribution shift is more likely due to prey shifts/fluxes (I always thought "fluxi" would be a better plural for flux!). I have absolutely no time right now to go into why, maybe later today or tomorrow. In recent years we have seen more occurrences in, and incursions into, Long Island Sound of pelagic or semi-pelagic species, though of course not of benthic species. The evidence does not seem to support specific population increases being the reason for this though.