[CT Birds] Solo Wilderness First Aid at Coastal Center Jan 7 & 8, 2012

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed Dec 14 16:37:54 EST 2011

Hi all,
Although this in not directly bird related, many of us spend a great deal of time hiking around outdoors, where there is always the potential for injury. As a tour leader, I've found SOLO's Wilderness First Aid to be invaluable; it's a hands-on practical course and I highly recommend it to birders and other outdoor enthusiasts.  I hope you can join our group this January 7-8th. Please contact Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502 with questions and to register.  See you soon.
Frank Gallo, Director, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point.

Connecticut Audubon's Coastal Center Presents
SOLO Wilderness First Aid
Saturday& Sunday, January 7 & 8, 2012 (Adult CPR possible) 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. each day
WildernessFirst Aid offers a hands-on practical approach to dealing with medicalemergencies in the outdoors.
SOLO’s 16-hour comprehensiveintroductory Wilderness First Aid (WFA) course is a must for outdoorenthusiasts. Using mock rescue scenarios, skilled instructors provideparticipants hands-on experience with first aid and long-term patient care inthe backcountry. WFA is recognized by the American Camping Association, U.S.Coast Guard, and various guide and Connecticut Summer Camp licensing boards asmeeting their first aid requirement, and is accepted as a recertificationcourse for WFR (80-hour First Responder-nominal additional fee). Payment infull is due upon registration; please register early. Cost: $195 includes lunch& snacks ($100 non-refundable). There is an additional fee for CPRtraining; please inquire if interested. Contact Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502. The class is held at the the Coastal Center, 1 Milford Point Road, Milford. An equipment list is provided upon registration.

Frank Gallo
Life is short. Bird often.