[CT Birds] Long Beach gate access

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 08:52:02 EST 2011

Just a note of caution if anyone is birding Stratford Long Beach, we were
there yesterday to observe the ICELAND GULL (had nice looks) and since the
gate was open and other cars were there, we pulled in to the parking lot.
While observing the gull, we noticed one of the worker trucks leave but
didn't think anything of it until we went to leave and discovered the gate
was closed and chained!  Luckily, they had not padlocked it so we were able
to get out, but might not be a bad idea if anyone else is birding there to
park before the gate, even if it is open!

Jan