[CT Birds] Westport Razorbills,Eurasian Wigeon,Scoters

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:50:46 EST 2011

12/15/11 - Westport - Burying Hill Beach - 9 Razorbills,all flying west and good views  with a scope (7:25-7:55am)
Sherwood Island SP -2 Canvasbacks in the Mill Pond at the entrance,9 Surf,100 White-winged, and 1 Black Scoter, 10 Razorbills flying west and good views with a scope between 8:35-8:55am,2 of them landed in with the scoters off of east beach
Sherwood Mill Pond Preserve - Eurasian Wigeon continues,seen from the footbridge

The razorbills were my first in Westport and at SISP. I had 16 species of ducks today at SISP and Sherwood Mill Pond Preserve including
Gadwall,Eurasian Wigeon,American Wigeon,American Black Duck,Mallard,Green-winged Teal,Canvasback,Greater Scaup,Surf,White-winged,and Black Scoters,Long-tailed Duck,Bufflehead,Common Goldeneye,Hooded Merganser,and Red-breasted Merganser.

Tina Green