[CT Birds] Stratford Point birds/Eider photos

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Fri Dec 16 12:19:00 EST 2011

A couple shots of the Common Eider from yesterday: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/12/razorbill-flight-and-common-eider.html

More of the birds of the last two days...no sign of any Kittiwake as far as I could see.

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
12/15/11 - Stratford, Stratford Point -- 6 RAZORBILL, 1 COMMON EIDER, 4+ NORTHERN GANNET, 1 BLACK SCOTER, 3 WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, 3 SNOW BUNTING. Several hundred scoter sp. offshore, at least 0.5 mile out.
12/16/11 - Stratford, Stratford Point -- 3 SNOW BUNTING, 5+ NORTHERN GANNET, 2 WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, likely well over 350 scaup sp. now to the east in LIS. The ducks are finally coming in to some degree, though nothing like last year when we had thousands directly on our shore.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.