[CT Birds] Eastern phoebe, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 17 18:03:50 EST 2011

I had a real surprise late this morning (17 Dec, Saturday) doing Area K (which includes parts of Roxbury, Washington, and Woodbury) for the Woodbury-Roxbury Christmas Bird Count when I found an eastern phoebe on Calhoun Hill Road in Washington, CT. Calhoun Hill Road is on the left off of Nettleton Hollow Road, which starts on RT 47 in Woodbury. Earlier doing the Christmas Count on Bell Hill Road in Washington I heard a common raven, a first for Area K for the Christmas Bird Count.

David W Babington
Washington, CT