[CT Birds] Westport Highlights incl.Razorbills again

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 20 10:21:28 EST 2011

12/20/11 - Westport - Burying Hill Beach - Lesser Black-backed Gull sitting on the water. Later I spotted it from Sherwood Island SP standing on the pilings at the end of east beach. I had not seen this bird for quite a while.
Sherwood Island SP - 14 species of ducks including Eurasian Wigeon,100 Greater Scaup (could not find a Lesser),40 Surf Scoters,250 White-winged Scoters, 6 Razorbills flying west in two groups of three and landing on the water (9:15am),Winter Wren,Chipping Sparrow at the feeder by the wooden bridge
Tina Green