[CT Birds] Stratford Point habitat restoration project/Jan. bird walk

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Tue Dec 20 11:43:30 EST 2011

Take a look at this new blog post by Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Biologist Twan Leenders on the construction of a novel erosion control structure and the progress of this latest habitat restoration project at Stratford Point - http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/12/construction-of-novel-erosion-control.html

Additionally, here is the information for next month's walk, a good time to check out that work:

Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Biologist Twan Leenders and Conservation Technician Scott Kruitbosch will lead a public bird walk at Stratford Point on January 5th from 9-11AM. We will take a look at what wintering ducks are present and see how many species we can find at the mouth of the Housatonic River. This is a great opportunity to bird one of the prime locations in Connecticut and get a head start on your list for the New Year. We will also discuss the exciting habitat management and conservation projects that will be taking place at Stratford Point in 2012.

The walk will be free and we suggest bringing binoculars and a spotting scope, if you have one. Make sure to dress for the season! It is usually safe to assume that this exposed coastal spot is windier and colder than much of the state. Please meet in the visitor parking lot by the buildings. Stratford Point is located at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. Notification of cancellation will be posted on the CT-BIRDS listserve and the Connecticut Audubon Society website (www.ctaudubon.org). Our tentative back-up date is January 11th. For more information, contact Scott Kruitbosch: skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society