[CT Birds] Stratford Point birds 12/20 more RAZORBILL

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Tue Dec 20 17:56:54 EST 2011

 From Scott Kruitbosch & Twan Leenders:
12/20/11 - Stratford, Stratford Point -- 1-2 RAZORBILL - seen separately, may have been different birds, both scoped well offshore. I spotted one flying east that Twan saw landing near some ducks. A bit later I saw one flying west though not near the previous position. 27 WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, 75 SNOW BUNTING. 1 gray ghost Northern Harrier hunting the quiet grasslands. 500+ scaup and dozens of scoter here and there. Waterfowl numbers continue to build, albeit slowly.

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society