[CT Birds] Where are the Razorbills Going?

Dennis Varza dennisvz at optonline.net
Fri Dec 23 12:22:25 EST 2011

Ho folks I just thought of an alternative hypothesis and I think most
likely the right one.

They are flying into the sound for only the day looking for fish. In
the evening they are flying out to familiar territory to "roost" for
the night. Then, it is back to the sound in the morning. If the birds
are successful, we should be seeing them more frequently and in
larger numbers. We may not see them fly out  in the evening because
they would be in mid-Sound heading straight out.