[CT Birds] CBC Stratford Palm Warbler photos & more

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Tue Dec 27 13:50:47 EST 2011

Here is a record shot of the Palm Warbler from yesterday first spotted by Tina Green and seen by Frank Mantlik and myself: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-bird-count-2011-stratford.html

It's also an account of some of our day with more photos of a Greater Yellowlegs and a Wilson's Snipe, one of three I nearly stepped on at the boat ramp.

I think Dennis' theory on Razorbills last week is right on target as they seem to fly in to LIS every morning to feed. Yesterday's at Stratford Point seemed to do the same, landing in the water and disappearing. It's a daily occurrence, and one only has to spend a bit of time to find them out there.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.