[CT Birds] Stratford Point 12/29 yet more Razorbills

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Dec 29 14:09:11 EST 2011

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
12/29/11 - Stratford, Stratford Point -- 2 RAZORBILL feeding off the point, 65 SNOW BUNTING feeding and walking on/pecking at the large pool of ice in the driveway trying to get a drink.

Tough visibility today so I was not too surprised I couldn't pick up any Razorbill flying by even early, but those two made brief appearances together when not underwater. They are very difficult to pick up when feeding as they'll dive for a considerable length of time and come back up in a completely different area unlike ducks and loons typically do. If you haven't seen any yet, keep at it, you will.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.