[CT Birds] Feeder Watch Cooper's hawk - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 30 13:08:06 EST 2011

I at last saw a Cooper's hawk at my feeder here on South St late this morning (30 Dec, Friday) for Feeder Watch. The Cooper's hawk was sitting on an oak limb at one point giving me a great look at it's tarus and toes, making it easy to see why this bird was a Cooper's hawk. This adult Cooper's hawk was big and thus mostly likely a female. I had not seen a Cooper's hawk for Feeder Watch so far for 2011-2012 and I also missed a Cooper's hawk for the Woodbury-Roxbury, CT Christmas Bird Count so it was nice to see this lovely raptor.

David W Babington
Washington, CT