[CT Birds] Stratford Ducks

donnacap at aol.com donnacap at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 11:04:36 EST 2011

Here is a link to a photo I took 12/30/2011 at the Raven Duck Pond.  There was one male Northern Pintail, an assortment of Mallards, American Black Ducks, the usually assortment of geese.  This pair stood out and some things the female could be  a Buff Orpington/Mallard hybrid.  Being a new Birder, I'm always eager to learn more and would love to hear what others think about this pair.  Both had the grayish speculum instead of the typical blue.  Thanks,
Donna
Stratford, CT

 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150498137342439&set=o.142914269087072&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment