[CT Birds] Fairfield warblers and Razorbill

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Sat Dec 31 15:05:03 EST 2011

I finished up the year with some wonderful birding in Fairfield today. At Pine Creek, highlights included:

2 Orange-crowned Warblers-- on the landfill in the back by the pond
1 Nashville Warbler-- same place as OCWA
1 Fox Sparrow
1 Yellow-breasted Chat-- back trails of Pine Creek entrance off of Old Dam Road
1 Pied-billed Grebe
1 Winter Wren

Also, a big highlight for me today was FINALLY getting a good look at a swimming Razorbill today about 100 yards off of Penfield reef, allowing long and good looks. It's nice to finally see one swimming compared to the extremely distant fly-bys that I've seen at the reef a couple times in the past few weeks. Happy New Years!

James Purcell