[CT Birds] Fwd: Two Firsts for Me on the First!

donnacap at aol.com donnacap at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 10:57:48 EST 2012

Happy New Year All!
A great first day of the New Year for me!  Got two firsts - saw the Snowy Owl from Short Beach late in the afternoon when he was on the sand bar in Milford.  Hopefully will be able to get a closer look sometime!  The other first was a Red Shouldered Hawk at Walnut Beach, Milford, CT on a light pole near the pond.  Other highlights from today:  about 40 Snow Bunting flew from the lawn of the house on the Housatonic (seen from at the end of Short Beach) into a tree which allowed better viewing, also Dunlins, Sanderlings, and Brant Geese.  Sanderlings galore at Long Beach. Stratford.  Buffleheads and Mergansers, Red Breasted I believe at Frash Pond, Stratford.

I have tomorrow off and I'm looking for suggestions as to where to go birding in Connecticut tomorrow.

Thanks,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150501087702439.392854.726347438&type=1&l=e7f3cc1022