[CT Birds] Northeast Rarities
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 3 05:12:52 EST 2012
Just passing these along:
- Common Chaffinch in Union, Hunterdon County, NJ 12/20 - 1/2:
Common Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs) (1) CONFIRMED- Reported Jan 02, 2012 07:00
by Michael Rehman
- Rehman House, Hunterdon, New Jersey
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S9471108
- Comments : "Have observed this bird since December 20, 2011.This morning was
the fifth time I have seen the bird and the first opportunity I had to
photograph and study the details. Photographs below
- White-tailed Kite report from Chicopee, MA
- Grace's Warbler at Pt. Lookout, Long Island, NY 1/1 -1/2:
Subject: re:directions to Grace's Warbler - a map!
From: Robert Lewis <rfermat AT yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 17:02:55 -0800
Jim Osterlund and I posted this yesterday: Bob's coordinates as a link: 40.59,
-73.589 - Google Maps --- On Mon, 1/2/12, Cindy wrote: From: Cindy Subject:
re:[nysbirds-l] directions to Grace's Warbler - a map! To: "'NYSBIRDS-L'" Date:
Monday, January 2, 2012, 7:07 PM Hi all, being a visual person, I have created
a Google map highlighting the Grace's warbler location.
http://g.co/maps/xb89m The pines where the bird is hanging out is actually a
small area bounded by the park's entrance road and the access road running
along the north edge of the parking lot (which is also the road leading to the
park's exit). As you drive into the park and follow the curve to the right, you
will pass the pines on your left. Go through the toll booths and follow the
road as it curves to the left, and make the first left onto the access road.
The pines where the bird has been seen will be ahead of you on your left. Park
in the parking lot and best of luck to everyone trying for this fabulous bird!
- Atlantic Puffin reported at Montauk, NY 1/2:
- Gyrfalcon in Klinesville, Berk's Co., PA 12/30
More information about the CTBirds