[CT Birds] Northeast Rarities

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 3 05:12:52 EST 2012

Hi all,
Just passing these along:

- Common Chaffinch in Union, Hunterdon County, NJ 12/20 - 1/2:
Common Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs) (1) CONFIRMED- Reported Jan 02, 2012 07:00
by Michael Rehman
- Rehman House, Hunterdon, New Jersey
Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.6306575,-75.0258657&ll=40.6306575,-75.0258657

-  Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S9471108
- Comments : "Have observed this bird since December 20, 2011.This morning was
the fifth time I have seen the bird and the first  opportunity I had to
photograph and study the details.  Photographs below

-  White-tailed Kite report  from Chicopee, MA

- Grace's Warbler at Pt. Lookout,  Long Island, NY 1/1 -1/2: