[CT Birds] Fairfield Big Year

paul cianfaglione pgcianfaglione at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:33:56 EST 2012

Congratulations to both Alex and James on a successful Fairfield Big Year!
The concept of birding local for the benefit of the environment and
conservation is without a doubt a positive activity.

However, what I find kinda comical is that most of the calls for town big
years come from people living in coastal communities. It is easy to suggest
such an activity when you're backyard is an ocean and the woodlands in town
fall at the end of a migratory funnel! I would like to suggest this, attend
UCONN for four years and only bird within the Storrs area. By the time you
graduate, you may not feel as patriotic as you do now, in fact, you may
have quit birding altogether!

I do support the local birding idea 100%, its the birding hypocrisy I can
do without.

Paul Cianfaglione
Canton