[CT Birds] Stratford Point bird walk tomorrow

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Wed Jan 4 14:06:05 EST 2012

Don't forget about the Stratford Point bird walk tomorrow, 9-11AM. There were a couple of Northern Gannet seen today, but we always have a good shot for Razorbill right now along with Snowy Owl, as seen earlier in the week. There are plenty of ducks in the water, too.

Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Biologist Twan Leenders and Conservation Technician Scott Kruitbosch will lead a public bird walk at Stratford Point on January 5 from 9-11 a.m. We will take a look at what wintering ducks are present and see how many species we can find at the mouth of the Housatonic River. This is a great opportunity to bird one of the prime locations in Connecticut and get a head start on your list for the New Year. We will also discuss the exciting habitat management and conservation projects that will be taking place at Stratford Point in 2012. The walk will be free and we suggest bringing binoculars and a spotting scope, if you have one. Make sure to dress for the season! It is usually safe to assume that this exposed coastal spot is windier and colder than much of the state. Please meet in the visitor parking lot by the buildings. Stratford Point is located at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. For more information, contact Scott Kruitbosch: skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.