[CT Birds] Greenwich birds last 2 days

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Wed Jan 4 14:28:38 EST 2012

I haven't been putting a lot of birding time in lately, but at lunch today in Bruce Park, Greenwich, I found a FOX SPARROW.  Haven't seen one of these guys in a while, so I thought it worth mentioning.
Yesterday I drove round Greenwich Point and spotted a NORTHERN HARRIER flying low over the Sound south of Eagle Pond, and while following it I picked up a GANNET in the distance- no matter how many times I see them here, it always strikes me as surreal seeing a Gannet with the Manhatten skyline in the background!
-Sean Murtha